Current Events and News at Saint Joseph Academy · June 26, 2017, 8:28 am
Saint Joseph Academy will now be posting all practice and game schedules of Athletic Teams on the internet. Not only will this site give you all game and practice times, it will also give you a map to all away venues as well as team departure and arrival times. Here is how to gain access: Access the internet and type in www.rankonesport.com if viewing from a Cell phone it is easier to access on their mobile website: www.r1s.mobi
- Click on View Schedules
- Type in Saint Joseph Academy (make sure to spell out Saint)
- Click on View Schedule of the team you wish to see and the Game Schedule will appear
- Click on View Practice Schedules if you would like to see upcoming practices
A Letter to Jr. Class Parents from Mrs. Trott · April 24, 2015, 2:07 pm
Online registration for students returning to SJA in 2014-2015 · March 19, 2014, 6:15 am
Here are a few helpful suggestions for working through the online application:
1. This portal is best accessed through Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari. When you login intowww.sja.us<http://www.sja.us> website, it is best to access our website through one of these browsers. Older versions of Internet Explorer may not be compatible with our portal.
2. Once on the SJA website homepage, you will see a red button above the Google calendar which you should select. It will take you to the SJA online registration portal.
3. In order to get started, you must first register by creating a unique username and password to establish your account. This step is for your security and protection while working on this online application.
4. After you create a user name and password on the home page, it will also ask for your email address. Once you submit, you will then receive a confirmation email message to that email address in order to activate your new SJA registration account. Again, this is an important verification step and is for your protection and security.
5. You must open this email and click on the link within the message which takes you back to the registration login page in order to activate.
6. Once you login with your new username and password, you can begin to complete the application.
7. You will be given the option to select a language and work in either English or Spanish.
8. Your work will automatically be saved as you proceed through the application which will allow you to log out and resume the process later if you wish. However, you must complete all forms including a payment form for your registration fee and submit in order to complete the registration process.
9. You will also be given the option to work offline or download, print your forms, complete by hand, and bring into the Main Administration Office if you prefer.
10. We appreciate your patience with this new portal. Despite the initial challenges, it was created to streamline and ultimately make the process more convenient for parents. If at any time you need assistance or have any questions, please feel free to contact the School Office. Our staff will be happy to assist you.
Thank you for registering your student today.
Important Information for Parents & Students · October 1, 2013, 10:30 am
Saint Joseph Academy Directory changes to School Board · May 15, 2013, 9:33 am
After several years of using the term Directory, it remains confusing to our constituents and cumbersome in the conduct of general business. Therefore, the Trustees (Reverend Brother Provincial and his Council) have allowed the adoption of a more recognizable and understandable business descriptive term.
The members of the School Board will be known as a School Board Member or Board Member.
The limited jurisdiction of the School Board continues without interruption, responsibilities and duties still include, in part:
- Preserve and promote the Catholic identity of the school
- Strategic planning
- Policy development and approval
- Fund raising, public relations
- Approving the annual budget
- Setting tuition and fee rates
- Overseeing financial accountability
- Ensuring that the school fulfills its mission
- Oversight of building and grounds
Parent Volunteer Opportunities for 2013-2014 · April 22, 2013, 3:20 pm
Parent Volunteer Opportunities
We will have the following opportunities for volunteer work beginning in the summer and continuing on to the 2013-2014 school year.
We have a number of areas throughout the campus that require repainting. Undertaking and completing any of the following painting projects will fulfill the parental commitment requirements for the 2013-2014 school year:
1. Retaining Wall
2. Parking Lot Striping
3. Walkway Canopy Support Poles
4. Tennis Court (s) Walls
7. Concession Stand
8. Ticket Booths
Start of the School Year
We have a number of opportunities for parents to help out once the year begins. The opportunities and requirements for fulfill parent commitment are the following:
Football Games Requirement to fulfill parent commitment
1. Gate/Entrance Supervision One parent will have to work two(2) games or Two parents can work one (1) game
2. Football games parking detail One parent will have to work two(2) games or Two parents can work one (1) game
Note: For the basketball season parents will have to work “dates” rather than games since there is more than one game each time we have a home stand. Parents will have to work all games on that date to fulfill one “date”.
Basketball Games Requirement to fulfill parent commitment
1. Entrance Supervision One parent will have to work two (2) dates or Two parents can work one (1) date
Morning & Afternoon Traffic Detail
1. Before school traffic control Parent will have to work a week of morning traffic control in an area designated by
Head of Security or Vice Principal of Student Services
2. After school traffic control Parent will have to work a week of afternoon traffic control in an area designated by Head of
Security or Vice Principal of Student Services
If you are interested in any of these volunteer opportunities contact Ben Sandoval at the information given below:
Phone number (956) 542-3581; Ext 314 E-mail: email@example.com
Presidential Appointments to Directory Committees for 2013-2014 · April 16, 2013, 11:31 am
Brother Richard Sharpe announced the following faculty choices and Presidential Appointments to the Directory Academic Committee and School Life & Faculty Relations Committee. These one year appointments begin July 1, 2013 and end June 30, 2014. click here to review the list of Presidential Appointments
Changes To Campus Safety & Security Procedures · January 7, 2013, 8:16 am
As you may recall, Saint Joseph Academy retained the PLE Group, a division of Safety & Security Solutions, Inc. out of Dayton, Ohio, to conduct an independent evaluation of the Academy’s security conditions. Following a thorough assessment, the PLE Group prepared a report, making recommendations for several upgrades and procedures, which have all been put into place. The safety of our students and staff is our prime concern; and to better safeguard against potential dangerous and unwanted visitors, we will be implementing new campus access procedures beginning January 7, 2013. To learn more about our campus access and lock-down procedures, please click on this link. Campus Safety & Security Link
This information is also available on the SJA website (www.sja.us ) Home Page under “About Us” and a new Campus Safety & Security tab.
Brother Richard Sharpe, FMS
Important Reminder to Activate your Edline Account · September 23, 2012, 6:41 pm
Dear Parent and Students
I hope your 2012-2013 school year has gotten off to a great start. I know the faculty and administration have been working very hard to make this an exciting and fruitful year for everyone.
With this in mind we would like to maintain a very open line of communication with each and every one of you. The best way to achieve this goal is for every member (faculty, staff, parent and student) to have an activated Edline account with a current email address attached. In review of your Edline accounts we have noticed that too many have not been activated and even more do not have an email address included. This oversight will only cause our effort to share information to break down and someone will undoubtedly miss an important announcement. In addition, we hope to add a mass notification module to these accounts so that, in an emergency, we would be able to quickly text information to you.
Please assist us in helping you stay informed by activating your Edline account today. If you have forgotten or misplaced your activation code, simply email me and I will be happy to reply with that information. Also, if you should encounter any problems or difficulties in activation the account, just let me know and we will work to solve all issues.
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation. May God bless you and your families.
Mrs. Lori Trott
West Nile Virus Information · September 12, 2012, 7:04 am
West Nile virus is a mosquito-borne illness. Up to 80 percent of people infected with West Nile virus will have no symptoms and will recover on their own, however, some cases can cause serious illness or death.
People over 50 and those with weakened immune systems are at a higher risk of becoming ill if they become infected with the virus.
Your best defense is to practice these habits, known as the “Four Ds”:
1. Use insect repellent containing DEET, picaridin or oil of lemon eucalyptus.
2. Dress in long sleeves and long pants when you are outside.
3. Stay indoors at dusk and dawn, when mosquitoes are most active.
4. Drain standing water where mosquitoes breed. Common breeding sites include old tires, flowerpots and clogged rain gutters.
To learn more about West Nile virus, see the following Fact Sheet.