Congratulations to our SJA Sophomores, Ryan Castillo and Mariana Hernandez for being selected as Say What! Teen Ambassadors for the 2022-2023 school year.
Only a handful of Teen Ambassadors represent their peers across the state and serve as the youth voice for tobacco prevention in Texas. The Teen Ambassadors are spokespersons for the state’s tobacco prevention youth movement, SAY WHAT! Under the direction and guidance of the Texas School Safety Center at Texas State University funded by Texas Department of State Health.
Teen Ambassadors are passionate about tobacco prevention, protecting Texans from the tobacco industries manipulation and deception, and love being leaders. Ambassadors serve as the youth voice for youth tobacco prevention in their community, the state of Texas, and beyond!
Ryan and Mariana will help plan and staff the Say What Texas Tobacco-Free Conference in July 2023 as well as a Summit during the Spring 2023. They also get to:
- Represent their peers at the local, state, and national level
- Meet and work with like-minded youth at the state and national level
- Travel across the state to lead and participate in tobacco prevention events
- Share their story with local and state elected officials
- Collaborate with Say What! staff to design the annual Say What! Texas Tobacco-Free Conference
- And so much more!