EDUCATIONAL DEVELOPMENT SERIES (EDS)
Level: Grade 7–Grade 12
Administration Time: 4 - 4.5 hours
The EDSERIES is a standardized battery of ability and achievement tests and has the most comprehensive coverage of all the STS tests. It permits teachers, counselors, and administrators to evaluate a student from the broadest possible perspective. The results obtained from the EDSERIES are carefully analyzed in order to help teachers and administrators identify students who may need support because of conflicts among achievement and ability.
The EDSERIES battery is comprised of five subtests: Reading, Language Arts, Mathematics, Quantitative Skills and Verbal Skills.
These subtests will be administered in the following way:
* Essay: 30 min.
Cognitive & Basic Skills-
* Quantitative Skills: 30 min.
* Verbal Skills: 25 min.
* Reading: 45 min.
* Language Arts: 40 min.
* Mathematics: 50 min.
** Students testing for High School will be required to take a Spanish Placement Test (20 min.)
Entrance Exam date is Saturday, November 10, 2018. (Deadline to register for the Entrance Exam is Tuesday, November 6, 2018.)
Here’s some important information to know about test day:
* Students should arrive at St. Joseph Academy at 7:45am and enter the building through the Middle Division Gym entrance.
* Entrance Exam begins promptly at 8:00am. Please DO NOT be late.
* Students will be dismissed from this location at approximately 12:15pm.
* Students can wear proper casual clothes for the exam (please note that the gym sometimes gets cold during the time of the exam).
** Students will be provided with a light snack during one of their breaks. Please make sure student has a healthy breakfast the day of the exam and that they are well-rested.
* On the day of the exam students should bring several No. 2 pencils.
* The Entrance Exam is designed to be taken without the use of a calculator and the students may not bring a calculator on the day of the test.
* Criteria used for decisions regarding acceptance and placement include results of the EDS Entrance Exam taken at SJA and previous school records.
* Acceptance E-mails go out on Friday, January 11, 2019.
** If a prospective student is requesting extended time for the SJA Entrance Exam, parents must submit appropriate documentation by Friday, November 30. A current psycho-educational evaluation and accomodation plan is required to be eligible. If you have any questions, contact Mrs. Ida Saenz at 956.542.3581 ext 351 in the Champagnant Learning Center.
For more information on the Entrance Exam, please contact Ms. Celeste Solis, Director of Admissions, at 967.542.3581 ext 359.